Friday 1 June 2012

Nintendo E3 Bingo 2012


I've made another E3 Bingo card.  To spare you from my god-awful handwriting this year, I've done it digitally.

This is just done for fun, and sort of a checklist of what I expect/hope to see.  Any reasoning I have for my choices is down below.  I've got my week booked off, and I'm pretty much going on a media blackout from now to the press conferences.




B:

Super Smash Bros 4
This is probably unlikely, if we see anything I'm only expecting a CG trailer like 2006's Brawl announcement trailer.  Maybe a character confirmation at the most.  Going by history, Brawl wasn't revealed at the main press conference, and was at a developers round table afterwards.  I've heard that so was Melee.  So, if SSB4 does show up, I believe it will be at a developer round table.  Then again, who knows, Nintendo may open their press conference with a bang.

Paper Mario
I think this was announced at the same time as the 3DS... And we still know absolutely nothing about it... I'm pretty sure it will be at the show.

New IP
Going by history the start of a generation is the best time to launch a new IP.  I'm sure we will see something.  Of course, seeing and receiving are two completely different things, especially since at the E3 2006 press conference, they showed Disaster Day of Crisis, Project Hammer, and Excite Truck.  2 of those three were completed.  Only one of those 3 were released in North America.

Pokemon Gen 5 Stadium game
There hasn't been the Gen Five "Battle" game yet.  I used to think that it was coming.  Now I think it will be after Black 2 and White 2 so that the male, female, and all alternate forms will be there, unlike PBR.

Retro Studios game
They are making something.  Whether it's a new IP, or another game with Nintendo Characters, I expect them to show something since their last game was Donkey Kong Country Returns in 2010. (They also did the retro tracks in Mario Kart 7).  They were apparently one of the first dev teams to have a Wii U development kit, and there were the tweets from earlier in the year where an employee said that "Crunch Time" Was this year.  (Before he was supposedly killed by the Ninjas) Anyways, if it's not the Galaxy team I fully believe that it will be Retro Studios that will be showing what the Wii U will be capable of. 

I:

Monolith Soft RPG
Now just make sure we get it in North America in a timely manner this time.  I'm still bitter and I will be for a long, long time.

Star Fox
I know Miyamoto said that the series future depended on the Nintendo 64 port to the 3DS... Star Fox just seems like one of those games that could showcase the power of the system, like Rouge Squadron did for the GameCube.

Professor Layton 5
The past 3 games have been announced yearly at E3, and then released September/October later in the year.  I don't see why this year would be any different.  The trademark was all ready filed. Next.

Classic series revival
Maybe coming off of the success of Kid Icarus there is another classic franchise revival.  StarTropics, Ice Climber, The Adventures of Lolo, I'm not really picky, just something new/old that comes out of nowhere.

3D Mario game is announced for Wii U.
I'm going by Super Mario Galaxy being announced at E3 2006.  With how good the galaxy games look, I'm sure Nintendo would want them to show what the system could do.   

N:

North American Localization of Inazuma Eleven
Hahahaha... I wish... This isn't happening... but it would be my "holy crap I was just drinking water, right?" / "This isn't a dream, right?" announcement, anyways I'm importing after E3... Next.

Lego City Stories
Announced Last year, as a Nintendo Platform exclusive game at their press conference, as a game that Nintendo will publish it themselves.  I really don't have much more to put on besides that.  I expect more mentions.  Maybe just a trailer will be put up on their website.

Free spot
If you want a prediction, Reggie, Iwata, and Miyamoto will be there.  The Wii U will also run off of electricity.  There, I'm an analyst.  Where's my Porsche?

Animal Crossing 3DS
We've heard nothing since last year... Hopefully there will be more differences and new things in the game then there was in City Folk.

Wario Ware game
I want to see a Wario Ware game.  Either on the 3DS or Wii U.  The tablet could be used for a variety of wacky party modes.  Or we could get our WarioWare Motion Plus.

G:

Dragon Quest X
It's coming over, we all know it is since Iwata makes it mandatory for the Dragon Quest games to be translated by NOA. (While they ignore their own RPGs.... ARRRRRGH) I guess the big question regarding it will be will North America get the Wii Version, the Wii U version, or both.  This is going to be a very crazy prediction, but since the Japanese release date is August 2nd, I'm going to say that Nintendo of America will work over time to translate it, and only release the Wii U version and it will be a launch title.

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Here is my rare optimistic side coming through, I'm hoping that it comes.  It was confirmed for Europe but went dead silent after that.  Now released in Japan.  Of course considering the last game that was announced for Europe and everyone was expecting to be at E3... but it’s also a rather important title with it being Nintendo’s first game with paid DLC.  But just incase, should we prepare Operation Awakening now or later?

Luigi's Mansion 2
This was that surprise announcement that caught me off guard last year.  And since then, we’ve heard absolutely nothing.  Nintendo’s silence is really annoying at times.

Advance Wars: 3DS
Days of Ruin came out in 2008.  I'd say that we're overdue for another game, but I see that it never came out in Japan.  However it's apart of the long running Wars series that only came to North America in 2001... The general impression seems to be that it's much more popular in North America than Japan, and I just have this feeling that it's possible.

Eternal Darkness 2:
Silicon Knights had been quoted saying that they were currently making their most requested game.  I’m assuming that it’s Eternal Darkness 2.  Since Nintendo kind of sort of owns the series/sanity meter/something, it would kind of be exclusive to Nintendo platforms.  I also want to see the trailer start off with the Super Mario theme and a voice over with something like "From the creators of Wii Music, comes: Wii Music 2: Electric Boogaloo!" and then "THIS ISN'T REALLY HAPPENING!" and it goes into a real trailer.

O:

New Super Mario Bros 2
Revealed at a Nintendo Direct, and we haven't heard anything regarding it since.  It's basically a giant shoe in, especially if it's supposed to be released in the summer (August).

3DS/Wii U connectivity (Beyond Smash Bros)
We know it's possible, since they announced it with Smash Bros, I'd just like to see it be utilized in more games.

Pandora's Tower Announcement
I don't see this likely during the press conference.  As I see the Wii U and 3DS being the main focus.  But I still want it in North America.  At most I think it will just be in a sizzle reel.  Thankfully, my PVR is ready to rewind at any second.

New Zelda
I don’t believe that it was stated that one was being made.  It's far too soon for another console Zelda, and those take forever to make.  Ignoring Ocarina of Time 3D, and Four Swords Anniversary edition, it's been nearly 3 years since the last handheld Zelda... I'm thinking a new handheld Zelda will be announced.  Or maybe that rumored New Legend of Zelda will be shown.

Pikmin 3
Are we actually going to finally see something about this game.  Because if it's not at E3 again, I think it will be safe to call it Nintendo's Duke Nukem Forever.  Then again with NOA finally releasing Pikmin 2 NPC in North America in June, maybe it does exist.  (And I will question if the game exists if we only have a CG trailer)

Thoughts:

Looking back, the list seems mostly realistic.  The most out there is Inazuma Eleven.  And I think Advance Wars might not be that realistic either.

In all honesty, I believe that B is the most likely for me to get a Bingo on, a straight line down.  A straight line across from New IP to Pandora’s Tower is also possible.  I also think that the retro studios to Pikmin across is quite possible.  I guess all that remains now is waiting until Tuesday to watch the press conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment